- Target-device: Android. The devices on which you want to install the Q-Play Android App on
- Host-device: Android device. This device will be used as a controller for deploying the app.
On this we install a 3.rd party app called Bugjaeger. This creates and ADB (Android Debug Bridge) to the target device.
- USB OTG-cable
First-time step. (To prepare HOST device)
Initially (only needed first time you prepare your HOST-device that will be used to deploy)
- Install 3.rd party app: Bugjaeger on HOST-device
- Download the Q-play app so it is available on HOST-device.
- Open Bugjaeger. Select menu-element: COMMANDS. Click (+) to create a script
Name the script: “Q-play device owner”
In the shell-script type: dpm set-device-owner net.q_play.player/.DevAdminReceiver
Deploy Q-Play on a target-device:
- Enable USB debugging on target-device.
- Enable the USB Debugging option under Settings > Developer options.
- For Android 4.2 and newer, Developer options is hidden by default; use the following steps:
- On the device, go to Settings > About <device>.
- Tap the Build number seven times to make Settings > Developer options available.
- Connect USB OTG-cable between target-device and host-device.
A popup will appear on host-device. Click OK to allow Bugjaeger to access the USB device.
- Open Bugjaeger App on HOST-device
- Ensure that the device appears in upper-right menu. (Otherwise try Restart ADB server + refresh device list in upper-right menu).
- Select menu-element: PACKAGES
- Click (+)
- Choose “Select APK file”
- Navigate to “DOWNLOAD” folder. (Or just recent if this is not the first install)
- Select Q_play_player apk file
- The APP will now be installed on target.
- Next – we need to set device-admin-owner on target to Q-play app
- In Bugjaeger. Select menu-element: COMMANDS
- Scroll down and select play button on the script “Q-play device owner”